When your bond matures
Each Savings Bond has a term of ten years. At the end of ten years, your principal and the last interest payment will be automatically credited to your DCS bank account (cash applications) or your SRS account (SRS applications). You do not need to take any action, and the $2 transaction fee is not applicable in this instance.
You can redeem your Savings Bonds in any given month before the bond matures, with no penalty for exiting your investment early.
To redeem your bond:
- Submit your redemption requests through the DBS/POSB, OCBC or UOB ATMs and internet banking portals, and OCBC's mobile application. Redemption requests for Savings Bonds purchased with SRS funds can only be made via the internet banking portal of your SRS operator.
- Redeem in multiples of $500 up to the amount you have invested for each bond. You can redeem more than one bond per month.
- A $2 transaction fee will apply for each redemption request.
- Please note that you will not be able to amend or cancel submitted redemption requests.
- The redemption period opens at 6pm on the 1st business day of each month and closes at 9pm on the 4th last business day of the month. Redemption proceeds will be paid by the end of the 2nd business day of the following month.
Will I receive any interest?
Savings Bonds pay interest every 6 months. If you redeem your bond when there is a scheduled interest payment, you will receive the scheduled interest together with your redemption amount. If you redeem before the scheduled interest is paid, you will receive a pro-rated amount, called the accrued interest, which is the interest you have earned but have not been paid.